UWL is dedicated to supporting research and other scholarly and creative activities by students in all academic disciplines.
"This is preparing me for what is to come, "Michael Fuerte, '17, Biology says. "I know a lot of students tend to rely on lab experience. This is hands-on training."
Michael has been monitoring frogs in the La Crosse River marsh for two years.
- Develops writing skills through grant writing and project reports
- Teaches collaboration in the work place
- Engages students in cross-cultural communication
- Provides early exposure to research areas, helping students in career decision-making
Opportunities: Here are some examples of real projects our students have worked on:
- Study how mindfulness and self-control affect learning (2015)
- Travel to Russia to work in a nuclear physics laboratory (2014)
- Investigate innovative renewable energy generators (2016)
- Travel to Serbia to study excavation sites from the Bronze Age (2016)
- Contribute to medical research on human gastrointestinal transplants (2016)
- Perform research projects for the United Way and other local non-profits (2015)
- Combine theater and psychology to influence dialogue about socially difficult and relevant topics (2016)
Read more about URC.
ONE DAY FOR UWL 2023 Undergraduate Research & Creativity Match:
Milt and Yvonne '82 Datta will match the first $6,000 towards Undergraduate Research!